Check out this mini guide to keep on hand to help you get back on track when it’s harder to move on.
Do you feel like you’re not moving forward? Perhaps it is time to make changes that have waited too long. Do you need to review your eating habits and exercise practice? The task is so delicate that many of us do not hold more than one day (you recognize yourself?)! So how do we switch on the mechanism?
The key to success is to change things little by little. Reason in terms of small steps easy to achieve, such as not to put whole milk in your breakfast but skim milk. You can make a large number of small changes in your diet and your daily life which, in the long term, will result in significant weight loss.
Read the 24 tips below for a healthier diet, a good integration of the exercises to be carried out in a often very busy schedule, or the redevelopment of your life rhythm. First select five changes that you are sure you can manage perfectly and practice to achieve them as of this week. Choose another five next week (click on the “Print” link above to have a more convenient, hard-to-use version of this information).
Not all of the solutions are available for everyone to use. So you have to try a number and adopt the ones that suit you well. A lot of small changes can have dramatic results in terms of weight loss. Your life will be transformed, and so is your health!
• Good things are presented in small packages. Here is a tip to eat with your hunger without consuming too large portions: cut into small pieces high heat products such as cheese or chocolate. You will have the impression by eating them that there is more than it seems.
• Do not completely remove sauces. If you love the very greasy sauces, do not make them purely and simply disappear from your menus. All you have to do is replace them with lightweight products, whether they are soft cheeses or mayonnaises.
• Put yourself in the water. Have the reflex of drinking a glass of water instead of nibbling on things full of fat. It’s a good thing for your health and your line. So drink without hesitation! To brighten up the six to eight glasses of water you need to drink, add a little lemon or lime juice.
• Herbs and spices: the choice of taste. Make a good stock of spices and create a mini herb garden on the edge of your kitchen window. Spices and aromatic herbs give an incredible flavor to foods without adding a single calorie.
• Make a low-fat soup. Prepare a good amount of soup and put it in the fridge before eating it. Once cooled, the grease will be remounted to the surface and you can easily remove it.
• Listen to your desires. If you crave something sweet, eat sweet, but try to make a balanced choice, opting for a fruit for example. Same thing for the cravings of crispy things: prefer popcorn to chips because the latter are very greasy. The key is simply to make a judicious substitution!
• Gradually start to fruit and vegetables. If you are not used to consuming a lot of fruits and vegetables, go there gradually. Start by adding to the dishes you are used to eating. Put salad leaves or vegetables in your sandwiches, or add fruit to your cereal.
• Want to be able to easily identify high calorie dishes? So remember the following words: Au gratin, parmesan, tempura, cream and carbonara, and eat in moderation.
• When you eat, do not do several other things at the same time. If you work, read or watch TV while you eat, you will not realize what you are eating, you will not relish it either. Now eat at the table, chew slowly and pay attention to the taste and texture of what is on your plate. You’ll enjoy your meals better and eat less.
• Make some discoveries. Expand your culinary repertoire, and you’ll realize that healthy foods can finally be tastier than you thought. Buy new fruits or vegetables (have you ever eaten plantain, pak-choy, carom or papaya?).
• Let each meal have something on your plate, a small piece of bread, half a sandwich, the bread of your hamburger, and ask yourself if, having eaten a little less than expected, you are still not satiated.
• Learn how to understand the size of your portions. We were quick to underestimate the actual amount of food we eat. Today you have to go beyond a simple estimation, you have to be sure. Ask how much a portion is, read the content indications on the labels, weigh your food. and learn the equivalence of portions: Thus, a portion of pasta must correspond more or less to the size of a tennis ball.
• Make wise substitutions. Learn to replace foods that are not recommended by healthier foods. Now set up a replacement system that’s right for you: use skim milk instead of whole milk, try the whole loaf instead of the white bread.
• Tomorrow, take your lunch to work. By preparing your own meal you will learn how to master the portions you need. This will change you from lunches to restaurants and takeaways that often offer little choice to those who wish to have a healthy diet on a daily basis (not to mention the prices charged).
• Don’t deprive yourself of dessert. You must not deprive yourself of everything at all times. You can indulge yourself from time to time, especially since now you can eat without being haunted by this eternal feeling of guilt: Make sure you apply your portion control technique, and, to compensate, try to do a little more Exercise or skip your little afternoon snack.
• Ask what you need. Tell your mother-in-law you don’t want to take it back. Ask your half to stop proposing chocolate. Actively advocate for your favorite salad restaurant when choosing a place to have lunch with your co-workers. What you need to do to succeed in losing weight, ask it: priority is you, and it’s time to let it know.
Tips to be fit
• Improve your technique on the treadmill. When walking on a treadmill, do not stand on the fences. You can touch them to ensure your balance, but you don’t have to lean on them. If you have to do this, it may mean that you have to reduce the speed of the device.
• Jacques said… do some exercise. Here’s a good way to exercise while playing with your kids: Buy a 500 g game of alterations and play Jacques said: You, you play with weights, and your children without. They’re going to love this!
• Optimize your walking. If your steps are now too easy, increase the effort by walking in steep places. Just be sure to climb to the beginning of your walk, before you start to tire.
• Walk while you shop! Exercise as far away from the store as possible to walk a little more. Also try to climb the escalator instead of waiting without moving to get to the top, you will be faster to your destination.
• Make 100 no extra work. A little bit of extra exercise on a daily basis will help you lose weight. Now take the stairs instead of the elevator, or move to the office of a colleague you need to talk to instead of sending him an email or calling him on the phone.
Daily life Tips read more here.
• Brush your teeth after each meal and after taking a snack. This will be for your body, as much as for your mind, a signal that you have finished eating. The washing of the teeth will also give you a fresh breath that you will be less inclined to spoil by some nibbling. In your workplace, always keep a toothbrush with protection and toothpaste in your desk drawer.
• Make storage in your closet! First it’s a good physical exercise, and secondly it’s an important operation to change your mindset. Get rid of clothes that put you in a bad place or in which you feel bad. Give up everything that’s too big, and don’t tell yourself that someday it might be your size again. Place small sizes in front of your shelves to motivate you. Because soon, those jeans that were really too tight and you never resolved to get undone, will fit you perfectly.
• Take your measurements. You probably do not want to be reminded of your current measurements, but when you have lost I do not know how many centimeters you will be glad to have still noted them. It’s a way to measure your success without having to climb on the scales. And sometimes your body measurements decrease even as the balance remains blocked on the same graduation.