Cellulite is the fat deposited beneath the skin surface around the hips, buttocks and thighs. Women of all races are afflicted by cellulite. It is seen mostly in obese women but does not exclusively spare lean women. Though cellulite per say is not indicative of any disease, it is often a cause of concern for cosmetic reasons.
The skin contains bands of elastic tissue that stretch from the skin to the deeper layers of the muscle tissue. These bands are inelastic and as fat is deposited in the subcutaneous area, the only way for it to move is to bulge out on the skin surface. The strands of connective tissue try to keep the skin in place giving the dimpled effect to the skin. The formation of cellulite is mainly due to imbalance in fatty acid metabolism. Other factors like lack of physical activity and improper diet are also responsible for cellulite deposition. Another contributory factor for cellulite formation is the poor circulation of blood and lymph which leads to accumulation of toxins in the body.
Many remedies are available for cellulite therapy and natural remedies are favored due to their safety profile. Apple cider vinegar is one of the natural remedies used for the treatment of cellulite which has been known for over two thousand years in weight loss therapies.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Natural Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is made by crushing fresh, organically grown apples and allowing them to mature in wooden barrels. This boosts natural fermentation and allows the vinegar to mature. It is an effective natural bacteria-fighting agent that contains many vital minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine that are vital for a healthy body.
Role of apple cider vinegar in cellulite therapy
• Apple cider vinegar strengthens the immune system and cures many infections. It also increases the bodys metabolic rate and promotes thermogenesis.
• Due to the increased basal metabolic rate there is increased burning of fat which in turn balances cholesterol and causes weight loss.
• Other micronutrients present in apple cider vinegar like vitamin B6 and lecithin also contribute to weight loss. Since weight control is an essential aspect of cellulite therapy apple cider vinegar becomes extremely useful.
• Apple cider vinegar also helps in getting rid of the excess of fluids accumulated in the body by helping improve the circulation of blood.
• It is also known to curb the appetite.
• Apple cider vinegar is available for use as capsules or liquid . The capsules can be taken as two per day and can be increased to three doses a day if required. The liquid form can be used as two spoonfuls in a glass of water to be taken before every meal.
The advantages of apple cider vinegar is that it is a natural remedy with proven efficacy from ancient times in reducing weight apart from the fact that it is easy to use and effective.